EL ORGANISMO DE LAS NACIONES UNIDAS PARA LA MIGRACION OIM
TERMS OF REFERENCE
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Project Assistant (Medical)
Duty station Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Job family: Operations
Organizational unit: Operations
Position rated ¨ G5/1 PART TIME
Subject to rotation No
Reporting directly to Operations Officer
Overall supervision by COM/RSC Manager
Managerial responsibility No
Directly reporting staff 0
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and RSC Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will be based in San Salvador and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 1.Track all cases granted Parolee status.
- 2.Track all linked Parolee cases to ensure they depart together.
- 3.Liaise with USCIS on parolee linked cases and add-ons.
- 4.Contact beneficiaries and Panel Physicians to schedule medical exams for Parolee cases.
- 5.Request Medical Payment from anchor through IOM NY
- 6.Ensure the Panel Physicians schedule timely medical assessment appointments for parolees to avoid backlogs, assist in monitoring the medical pipeline.
- 7.Review medical forms, medical invoices and referrals, and confirm follow up and travel r equirements with Operations and the panel physicians.
- 8.Scan/copy/encrypt/store the medical examinations and share with USCIS.
- 9.In coordination with Operations and panel physicians, ensure follow-up and treatment plans for medical cases based on the results of the initial health assessment.
- 10.Coordinate pre-departure evaluation;
- 11.When required for travel, arrange necessary treatment for stabilization purposes;
- 12.In coordination with the Medical Health Coordinator, assist with travel requirements and completion of relevant MEDIF/MEDA medical forms with the airlines, assist IOM Operations in all travel arrangements required for complex medical cases.
- 13.Develop tracking mechanisms for various cases and case scenarios in Excel.
- 14.Use dedicated e-mail address to communicate with beneficiaries as needed. Provide correct information and counselling to applicants related to their parole status.
- 15.Provide management with statistics regularly and as required.
- 16.Create SOPs and/or provide timely input to the supervisor for updating the SOPs.
- 17.Ensure security, order, and confidentiality of all interactions and transaction according to IOM Guidelines and PRM Program Announcement 2005-11 Revised Guidance on Confidentiality of State Department Refugee Records as well as relevant subsequent updates.
- 18.Remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants.
- 19.Any other tasks assigned
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
SES COMPETENCIES AND INDICATORS, GRADE BAND IV
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors,
governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self
- and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and
- promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to
- relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply
it to appropriate work
Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science or other related field.
- Excellent command of English; able to write e-mails and reports coherently in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Software package
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Interesados, enviar su CV mas carta de interes al correo firstname.lastname@example.org, a mas tardar el 20 de octubre 2019, con el codigo SVN 2019 009, en el título del correo.