Tour guide will show groups round attractions such as historic and archaeological monuments, cultural centres and beauty spots, and provide them with background information to help them make the most of their visit. They will work with day-trippers or on walking tours, or support tourists on longer visits that involve overnight stays, perhaps to rural or remote locations. Tour guide jobs must also call for chauffeuring and language skills.
- undertaking research and planning tours
- preparing and giving presentations
- offering sightseeing advice
- organising and leading excursions
- problem solving
- translating and interpreting
- transporting and accompanying tourists
Qualifications and training required:
- Work with the general public, or experience gained within the hotel, tourism or travel trades.
- Guiding: at sites, on guided walks, and on a moving vehicle.
Key skills for tourist guide
- Tour guides should be fit and healthy with lots of energy and confidence, be able to work effectively without supervision, possess a calm 'customer focused' manner, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Language and first aid skills. Trilingual: English, Spanish, German o French.
- Driving licence
The required documentation:
- Presentation letter and CV
- Wage aspiration as employee or: Economic proposal as freelance partner that details the values for professional fees and direct costs (which will be liquidable).
- The updated resume, which highlights jobs similar to those required.
- Copy of the identity card.
- RTN copy
- Solvency of the SAR or evidence of being in the SAR billing regime.
- Documentation accrediting the merits expressed in the resume.
- Submit two proof of work that demonstrates your ability to handle the requested issues.
Those interested in deciding to submit the requested documents in electronic version should send them to the email email@example.com labeled as follows:
All files must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format), and attach web addresses of similar work done.
Example. 01_Name_ Surname
Mail received after the deadline, will not be considered.