Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking potential staff for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity is to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of Mission-wide efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities. The beneficiaries will be youth from high out-migration areas as well as other youth at risk of irregular migration, including returned youth migrants. In certain geographic areas youth will be vulnerable and/or at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence and or at risk of gang recruitment.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global’s selection as the primary for the YEMP Activity by USAID.
- The MEL Manager will be responsible for the development, technical oversight and guidance of the project’s research design and all monitoring, evaluation and learning efforts.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a robust MEL system that meets the requirements as indicated by the donor contract and program needs.
- Responsible for creating quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes documented in a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan (MELP), train staff and partners in MEL system implementation, coordinate all data collection efforts, ensure data quality, process and analyze the data for donor reporting, adaptive management, and learning purposes, and provide oversight support to external evaluators.
- Responsible for supervision of MEL staff.
- Responsible for working with the Home Office MEL counterpart, S/He is responsible for ensuring that the program is able to track and report indicators in the Measurement, Evaluation and Learning plan for the program to ensure both technical and management monitoring of program implementation and achievement of outcome and impact level indicators, with needs-based support from Sr. Home Office counterparts.
- The MEL Manager will report to the COP.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in measurement, statistics, demography or other relevant field and at least 10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing a MEL system and proven experience in supervisory role for US government-funded projects.
- At least 10 years in designing, implementing and overseeing MEL systems related to education, workforce development, or similar sector.
- Must have demonstrated experience in program evaluation with qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Competency in quantitative data analysis software (ex: SPSS, Stata, or other).
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through email@example.com and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.