Terms of Reference
I. Position Information
Position title: National Operations Officer
Position grade: NOA
Duty station: San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Job family: AVR
Number of direct reports: 10
Estimated start date: ASAP
Posting channel: Internal and External
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Assisted Voluntary Return Program Manager and Chief of Mission, the Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of AVR projects activities in Honduras.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate the implementation of AVR operations in Honduras in a timely manner, ensuring IOM procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure the timely execution of the workplan for the AVR program in Honduras and guarantee the completion of the results framework, in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Organize workshops and a training curricula on AVR and PSEA for IOM staff and AVR partners.
- Organize coordination meetings with government counterparts, diplomatic missions and implementing partners to install proper mechanisms for the effective implementation of AVR operations in Honduras and countries of return.
- Coordinate reception mechanisms of AVR beneficiaries with IOM offices in countries of return.
- Monitor the use of AVR Program budget in Honduras, in coordination with the Resource Management Officer and Program Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment process and supervision of AVR staff in Honduras; monitor the work of consultants and contractors in accordance with IOM procedures and regulations.
- Elaborate quarterly and monthly narrative and financial reports, as well as weekly updates and other requests of information, in coordination with the Reporting Officer.
- Prepare up-to-date information on AVR activities in Guatemala to assist in the elaboration of communication materials, press notes, information inquiries from the media and public events in Coordination with the Public Information Unit.
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders such as national government counterparts, implementing partners, civil society organizations, UN agencies and private sector entities.
- Ensure a gender-based and human rights approach in all AVR operations.
- Maintain regular communication and coordination with AVR Program Manager to revise progress on project implementation, tackle challenges and identify urgent operational solutions.
- In coordination with the Chief of Mission, participate in relevant seminars, conferences, UN meetings and inter-institutional task forces.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in Human Rights or Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in project formulation, implementation and evaluation;
- Experience in humanitarian and AVR proqrammes for miqrants;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Familiarity with financial and business administration;
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in the Northern Triangle Countries of Central America;
Spanish and English
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Residence in San Pedro Sula will be considered advantageous.
Applicable candidates: Send CV with letter of interest to the email email@example.com with the code SVN 2020 011 in the subject no later than october 25th 2020.
firstname.lastname@example.org,Interesados: Enviar su CV más carta de interés al correo email@example.com