USAID CENTRAL AMERICA REGIONAL INITIATIVE (CARI)
Title Administrative Assistant
Department Program Employee Status Full Time
Reports to Procurement & Logistic Officer
Location San Pedro Sula, Honduras Date October 2021
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services company that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. Department of State. Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
In close coordination with the U.S. Embassy and USAID, the initial goal of the USAID/OTI program will be to contribute to the USG response to address the root causes of migration from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador. This includes increasing community and institutional resilience to negative shocks.
The Administration Assistant will perform a broad range of clerical, secretarial and reception duties. S/he will provide timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of communication, mailing, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance and more.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Assist the Tegucigalpa based HR Manager in managing the Human Resources functions for the San Pedro Sula office, including but not limited to, day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office, jobs announcements, recruitment, recording staff leaves, ensuring that staff files are organized and completed.
- Assist in office management duties, ensuring that program facilities are in proper working order, office supplies are stocked, and coordinating office repairs when needed.
- Maintain a functional and efficient system for assigning of drivers, scheduling trips and maintaining vehicles.
- Develop and maintain records of staff daily whereabouts, as well as vendors and contact information for external parties.
- Supports the HR Manager and Finance Manager in the procurement process, ensuring all Creative and USAID guidelines are strictly followed with appropriate documentation.
- Update, manage and track the list of inventory and ensure that all physical items are properly labeled and accounted for.
- Coordinate oversees travel arrangements and hotel reservation for visitors/STTAs travelling to the field.
- Other tasks of operations, HR and administrative nature, as maybe assigned by supervisor.
- Update database to track key information.
- Handles all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials.
- Collects departmental updates for monthly organization report.
- Retrieves, logs and sorts resume inquiries via personnel email, mail and phone.
- Maintain employee telephone lists, and floor map.
- Assists with ordering supplies and copy room inventory, as needed.
- Assists with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed.
- Assist staff with mailing projects and provide support assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required. BA/BS degree completed or in process is highly desired.
- 1+ year of general work experience and 1+ years of specific experience relative to the position required. Additional administrative experience a plus.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Medium level spoken and written English is highly desired; entry level required.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse clientele and staff.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing customer service.
- Experience in organizing and filing information.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Medium level knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Previous experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects highly desired.
- Must have existing work authorization for Honduras.