- Project Background:
Through the Honduras Local Governance Activity (HLG), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) seeks to improve, among others, the provision of local health and education services for populations living in extreme poverty in 45 municipalities in western Honduras.
To this end, an improvement in local service delivery systems and an increase in the influence of civil society are promoted with greater supervision and participation in decision-making regarding the provision of services.
Local Governance Honduras provides technical assistance to service providers, local governments, members of municipal corporations, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Municipal Associations, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). At the national level, it coordinates with the corresponding government entities. The Activity pays special attention to promoting the participation of vulnerable populations such as women, youth, indigenous people, people with disabilities, returned migrants and LGBTQI + populations.
- Role’s Purpose:
Provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure the smooth management of her day to day affairs, and the most effective use of her time. Handle sensitive issues and documents in a professional and objective manner in a complex operational environment. Take initiative, as appropriate, especially in the Chief of Party’s absence.
- Manage the Chief of Party’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage the Chief of Party´s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is prioritized and dealt with by the Director or/on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Manage the logistics for travel and meetings for the COP (national and international).
- Maintain Chief of Party´s office systems, including data management and filing,
- Ensure that all folders in the shared drive are being maintained.
- Assist the management of updated email listservs and contact databases.
- Assist the COP in researching and following up with action on matters that fall within the COP´s responsibility and triggering follow up action as necessary.
- Support the production of documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Chief of Party.
- Organize meetings, including the preparation of agendas, take notes and keep record of executive staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Support the COP in reviewing documentation for approval and share comments to the corresponding team if changes are necessary, as determined by the COP.
- Work with regional offices and help upkeep the monthly activity calendar.
- Assist the coordination of logistics for events or activities of direct responsibility of Senior Leadership Staff, such as annual planning meeting and Pause and Reflect Meetings.
- Attend other requests as deemed assigned by the COP or COP’s designee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Chief of Party´s contacts
- Government of Honduras representatives
- Other donors
- International and Local Implementation Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience supporting senior management.
- Experience working in international, national development organizations, national government or private sector.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external.
- Ability to organize and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritize and reprioritize.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet.
- Experience in notetaking, summarizing and condensing information.
- Spanish language proficiency, verbal and written.
- Intermediate English language proficiency, verbal and written.
- Interest and commitment to support national efforts to improve basic services and local governance.
Reports to the Chief of Party or in her absence, the Deputy Chief of Party.
Esta plaza se encuentra en el FSN 06 de nuestra Escala Salarial y comprende un rango salarial anual entre L. 226,637.00 - L. 385,267.00. Este monto no incluye el décimo tercer ni décimo cuarto mes de salario.
Enviar su expresión de interés a más tardar el 20 de septiembre 2021, antes de las 1:00 pm, a la dirección GLH_Recruitment@dai.com, acompañando una Carta de Interés en la que expresa sus motivaciones para presentarse a la convocatoria e indicando el nombre de la Posición a la que aplica.
Esta posición está sujeta a la disponibilidad de fondos por parte del Donante. Aplicar a esta posición no compromete a DAI a otorgarla.